Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Skier Caught With His Pants Down on Lift. Literally.

I'm not afraid to tell you that I'm afraid of heights. (See what I did there -- a simple offsetting of a phobia with a non-phobia. Whatever. It helps me sleep.) And I'm also not afraid to tell you that if I found myself dangling upside down on a ski lift that something bad would probably happen with my pants.

Although, it's probably not the same thing that happened to the unidentified man in the photos above and below (rescue shots below, duh). See, he completely lost his pants. Via the always amazing and yet still underrated Smoking Gun

The January 2 mishap apparently occurred after the male skier and a child boarded a high-speed lift in Vail's Blue Sky Basin. It appears that the chairlift's fold-down seat was somehow not in the lowered position, which caused the man to partially fall through the resulting gap. His right ski got jammed in the ascending chairlift, and that kept him upended since his boot never dislodged from its binding.
And see, it's even okay to chuckle at the, ahem, size of the problem, because, as you can tell, he was later rescued. We apologize in advance for the excess of anus (for lack of a less crass or scientific word) shots today.

0 comments: