Friday, April 10, 2009

Marriott Helps You Score Amazon Cash

I have many weaknesses and/or vices. One of them, specifically, is Amazon.com. I wish I could help it, but I can't; I see things on the site that I want (books, music, Johnny Carson mics for podcasts) and I just start swiping my credit card left and right.


So, it's with that understood that I'm really excited to see Marriott's latest promotion, which features Visa and Amazon and hotel rooms. No, I am not a shill for Marriott. I just like their Twitter account. And it's quite simple: you book at Marriott, you get Amazon gift certificates.
Get one voucher for a $25 Amazon.com Gift Card claim code per night for up to two nights on weekend stays at Marriott Hotels and Resorts, JW Marriott Hotels, and Renaissance Hotels and Resorts

Get one voucher for a $15 Amazon.com Gift Card claim code per night for up to two nights on weekend stays at Courtyard hotels
There's always some catch, of course, though. This deal isn't particularly bad though: you simply have to book between April 13th and May 3rd for a weekend stay between April 16th and June 14th.

Now, clearly an Amazon $50 gift card/credit does not equal cash. But at the same time, if you can get $50 off a Marriott stay instead of having to stay at a lesser hotel, and then pick up, say a Grant Green box set, you've done pretty well for yourself.

0 comments: