Monday, November 24, 2008

Japanese guy loves Mexico a little too much

My wife absolutely hated The Terminal. I mean, she wanted to walk out of the movie when we went to see it. Apparently, Hiroshi Nohara loved the movie so much, he decided to live it.

Nohara (aka, guy who apparently doesn't have a job back home) has been parked in the Benito Juarez International Airport for the last two and a half months living off donations. Why, you may ask? Well, the answer doesn't reside with Nohara.

"I don't understand why I'm here," he said through a visiting interpreter originally hired by a television station. "I don't have a reason."
There are the obvious drawbacks of living life in a Mexico City airport terminal, but at least he could've squatted in Terminal 1, with its Dunkin' Donuts, Cinnabon, 7-Eleven and Burger King. I know I could probably survive at least 120 days on some DD coffee, Whoppers and Slushees. Oh well, at least he can munch on Papa John's and Sbarro in T2.

Image from AP

0 comments: